Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Tuesday 25th


Ok I've now found out how to add photos, so here's one of me and my friend just after having run a 10k race for Cancer Research last weekend.

The course was around the grounds of Leeds Castle, which was fabulous although I didn't get time to look at much as I was speeding along (not!). Interestingly, we ran through several miles of coppiced sweet chestnuts, some old and ready for harvesting and some only a few years old, so it made me think of the Community Centre in Hastings and the wood they used there. I bored my friend Becky with an out-of-breath lecture about coppicing and using local sustainable wood. Don't think she was that interested!

Really enjoyed Monday's lecture and the work on adverts - I've never been shown how to analyse their design in that way and it was amazing! From what was essentially just a photo of a car, we came up with a garden which, to me, really reflected the key characteristics of the picture! And working as a group was both challenging and enlightening. Had we all done it separately, would any of us come up with that design? I don't think so!

I'm a bit behind with my research on Tonbridge because I had a presentation on Medieval Castle Gardens to do on Monday, which seemed to take ages to pull together. Then I spent as much time again making a medieval headdress to wear while I presented, just to add to the ambience. I think it went down well!

So it's back to Tonbridge this week to try and find some suitable sites - will post photos when I've got them downloaded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home