Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Tonbridge sites - I'll be so glad when this bit's finished!











By the end of Monday's session I had reached info overload and my aged brain is struggling to remember what we agreed to do with our photos. I will post a few photos of the sites I've got listed and where they are.

Firstly - a site outside Tonbridge Castle which is currently little more than a hole in the ground with a pathway - I think it would make a good Translation Site and the steep level changes make it really interesting and with potential for making it more of an experience than a space! It is only just across the footpath from another Translation Site, which is currently a children's play area (posted on Emma's blog) and I think the two could easily be linked.

The next site is a huge derelict area near the Orchard Business Park. Although a bit bigger than the brief states - it has great potential for a public space in an area that really needs humanising.
















God - I'm getting so fed up with this - it's taken an hour just to post these photos!! And I want to get started on my sketch design.

OK - I've got other photos of these sites if anyone is interested, I can email them separately if you ask me.

Just one more site I wanted to list, which is a little paved area outside a Sussex Road Primary School - currently just a wasted space which links the road to a public footpath - but could definitely be improved - and is obviously used a lot by the local residents.

Ok - I'm bored with this now - I have loads of other photos, of different architechtural styles, street furniture, the high street blah blah blah. If you are doing a particular subject and need a photo email me and I'll see if I've got a relevant photo.

For all of the Tonbridge group I would just like to say how important it is to get the stuff to Emma by Wednesday this week. She is taking on a huge task by offering to pull the document together and we must help her out as much as possible. After all, we are all in the same boat and she has a sketch design to do for Monday as well!

I'm off to stare at my paper model and try and squeeze a little inspiration out of it. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home