Thursday, April 06, 2006

Scared to blog


Did you miss me? I know, probably not! Well, fellow-bloggers, I've been reading the blogs and getting more and more frightened at the huge leaps forward everyone seems to be making! What a great body of work - sketches, photomontages, details of hard landscaping. I feel like I've slipped through a hole in the space-time continuum and I'm actually 5 weeks behind where my work should be.


Still, you'll all be pleased to hear that I think I've finally resolved the design! Yes, I know I should have done that weeks ago, but these things take time. The holidays (bit of a misnomer) are flashing by and I creep forward day by day, a line here, a tree there, sometimes a decision on something if it's a really good day.


I had to go right back to the beginning to resolve the problems with my area, but I think I'm finally getting somewhere, and whilst none of it is on paper (or at least not in a format that can be presented), it's amazing how many other problems seem to be resolved at the same time. I just hope I can get all the stuff together for the 24th.

Claire and I had a day in London, walking the streets and taking photos. We started at Canary Wharf and walked all the way along the river to Waterloo, stopping at St Katharine's Docks, the Globe, and the Tate Modern along the way. It was great, and we both got lots of images to use and ideas for detailing.





Here's a rough sketch of what's happening on my site now - and the praying hands are my new inspiration! I seem to be doing a lot of that lately.

Must get back to the drawing board. Got lots and lots to do and have already wasted an hour on the blog!

3 Comments:

Blogger Raina said...

Good to see you back in action. Design looking very fluid too. I have missed your witty blogging!

8:14 pm  
Blogger Jackie Edwards said...

Thanks Raina! Will try to keep the blogging up to date and the mood upbeat!

10:11 pm  
Blogger NOT a happy bunny and cous! said...

Looking good Jackie. Keep up the good work. I nearly went to London today, but work load currently too great!!

6:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home