Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Frost pocket

It really is amazing you know.......I went to Hadlow today to mooch about and take some photos and have a look at the info in the library.... and I was happily driving down the M2o in the sunshine, window down, singing along to the Foo Fighters. And then I went down Seven Mile Lane and turned onto the A26 and the sign says "Hadlow 3 miles" and then, wham, suddenly, dense fog. Had to put my lights on and slow down to about 70.

You can read all the info and listen to Kemal going on about it, but on a day like today you could really experience what it means to be in a microclimate. As I came down the hill towards the A26 the temperature dropped palpably (is that a word? I hope so).

Anyway - the sun did come out at Hadlow in the end and I got some reasonable photos (to add to my collection of 3 million photos of Hadlow from every conceivable angle and in every sort of weather). But I guess if you actually live there, and never go anywhere else, you would think that the world is a very cold and misty place in early December.

On that profound note, I must leave you, I have wine to drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home