Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Felt Tip Frenzy


I don't know if any of you bloggers are fans of the series Black Books, but if you are, you may remember when Bernard was trying to do his accounts and just couldn't make himself do it. At one point he wandered away from his desk and then it cut to him with a pile of socks, saying "well that's all my socks paired up". I know that feeling exactly - and I wanted to share with you that, today, unbelievably, I actually bleached my mugs. I know!! It's incredible the lengths I'm currently going to to avoid doing any real work. I've never bleached a mug before in my life, and it wasn't until I was proudly surveying the pristine whiteness of them that it really hit home. I'm turning into my grandmother.

So - feeling very ashamed I summoned my courage and I went to my felt tip drawer. After a frenzy of scribbling and muttering I ended up with the two initial attempts below. I would have stopped at one, but I guess "sequential sketches" is definitely plural. The answer is in the question. Anyway - better go, I've got the rest of the first series of Black Books to watch, and I think the cat needs a bath.


1 Comments:

Blogger Raina said...

You can definitely sketch (and bleach mugs, as it turns out!) I wish I could just 'scribble' out drawings like that. After you wash the cat, you should do a couple more!

7:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home