Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Graduate

Recognise this place?
















Yes....last time I was at the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich I was wearing something a little more, shall we say, ivory, than the batman cape I had to hire on Graduation Day. Tim and I had our wedding reception there in August 2004 - it really is a beautiful place.

Graduation Day was brilliant. I was much more nervous than I had been for the wedding - I guess it was because it's not something I've done before! I loved the whole thing - and the atmosphere was so happy.



Here's me and Pam, my best friend. The sun shone, everyone was smiling, and it was nice to see David Carey and Robert Holden representing us on the teaching side. It was very hot in the chapel and everyone was fanning themselves and looking very shiny but none of that detracted from the joy of the occasion. It was a very fitting end to our hard work and recognition was voiced for the difficulties we had all been through to get there. It was a time to be proud, and to thank those around us for their help during the dark days of masterplan, Tom Turner, sketch designs and model making (has anyone still got theirs?).

It was great to see everyone, albeit briefly, and I hope we can all stay in touch, one way or another, through the blogs or just regular gettogethers.

Next blog - my butterfly and bee border in the front garden - which is attracting comments from the neighbours! Anyone would think I know what I'm doing, garden-wise!

1 Comments:

Blogger dickie said...

C'mon Jackie - I'm dying to see the butterfly and bee border!

4:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home