Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Annotate, annotate!

You remember the Daleks in Doctor Who? I keep hearing their weird electronic voices in my head, not saying "EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE" but "ANNOTATE ANNOTATE". We discussed annotation for a long time yesterday. It would be easy now, I imagine, to err on the side of caution i.e. "On the oak decking outside the restaurant there is a woman is called Sheila and she's sitting next to a raised bed, built in concrete and faced with stainless steel. It is planted with Salvia x sylvestris 'Rugen', Salvia nemorosa 'Ostfriesland' and Salvia x sylvestris 'Blauhugel', giving a subtle gradation of colour which puts one in mind of the changing moods of the moors. She is wearing Jimmy Choos, eating a tuna bap and thinking of an ex-boyfriend who she thinks may have nicked her Oasis CD". There could be arrows pointing to the aforementioned bap, shoes and planting. Or, alternatively, "Oak deck, raised planter" with no arrows. I guess there has to be some middle ground which I need to find.

Would love to stay and chat, but I've got one or two little jobs to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Raina said...

Brilliant idea Jackie. You have cheered me up no end with that post. The Daleks sometimes say "PROCRASTINATE PROCRASTINATE" too!

1:15 pm  
Blogger dickie said...

Thanks for the laugh Jackie!

7:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home